Melanie Gibson: President


By Melanie Gibson
Hi all!
My name is Melanie Gibson and I am the new ONA Mizzou president. I’m a junior majoring in Convergence with an emphasis on entrepreneurial journalism and a minor in English. This summer I will be interning at NPR in Washington, D.C. in its Digital Media Product Management department. So, if you are going to be in D.C. this summer, d/m me on Twitter (@MelroseGibson) and we’ll hang out! I can’t wait to bring back my experiences working with NPR back to Mizzou in the fall.
In addition to ONA Mizzou, I’m also the new J-School Buzz Social Media Editor and I’m a part of Kappa Alpha Theta and Chi Alpha Campus Ministry. And when I’m not hanging out in the Futures Lab, I enjoy all things outdoorsy like hiking, biking and horseback riding.
If you aren’t already riding the online journalism wave, you are behind the times. When I first heard that there would be an ONA club on campus last semester, I was so excited because we finally would have a group focused on online journalism for students to learn, network and grow in. I also happened to be the lucky girl who got elected to lead this mighty fine group during the next school year. As the go-to girl for the group, my goal is to continue the excellent programming that ONA Mizzou had this semester, but also to put an increased emphasis on networking within the J-School and growing our membership.
Although our exec board is made up of convergence majors, our club is open to all. So if you are interested in online journalism or you are craving delicious baked goods at 5 on a Thursday night, feel free to stop by our meetings – I look forward to seeing you all there.
Follow Melanie Gibson on Twitter @MelroseGibson.

No comments:

Post a Comment