Andrew Gibson: Social Media Coordinator

By Andrew Gibson


Hello everyone!

I’m Andrew Gibson, and I’ll be the ONA Mizzou social media coordinator starting next fall. This is my first year at MU, meaning I haven’t entered an emphasis area yet, but I plan on starting the “Emerging Media” emphasis in spring 2012.


As you can probably tell, I love online news. In fact, I came to MU because I knew the J-school considered digital media a top priority. Although my primary news interest is politics, I gather virtually all of my information, from sports to literature, online.



And that explains why I’m more than excited to be the social media coordinator. The power of Twitter, Facebook and other similar websites intrigues me, and I hope to spread my enthusiasm to hundreds (or maybe even thousands!) of MU students. This is a learning experience for me, and I look forward to hearing from all of the ONA Mizzou followers who can help me spread the word about this fantastic club!

One of my goals as an executive member is to recruit new members … a lot of new members. This includes students from all journalism emphasis areas and from other majors. Additionally, I’m also a big fan of contests and hope to get members involved that way, as well. The inaugural executive board did a fabulous job of bringing in interesting speakers, and I certainly intend to follow in their footsteps. Specifically as social media coordinator, I’ll aim to keep everyone updated on the latest ONA news as well as interesting happenings around the media world.

Outside of ONA, I work with the Society of Professional Journalists and hope to write for The Maneater next fall. I love basketball, football, curling (yes, I do curl), politics and business. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Follow Andrew on Twitter at @AndrewGibson27.

No comments:

Post a Comment